Recently Google released information regarding Social Signals playing a role in Search Engine Rankings. Although most of us with our ear to the ground had know this was true for a while it has now been confirmed.
In a recent article on Smarbrief entitled What to expect in 2014: Social Media Optimization author James Scherer gave these 5 pointers:
Here are five tips for optimizing your content for social media:
- Put time and effort into header images that catch the eye — use images whenever posting to social platforms
- Brainstorm two blog titles: one which is optimized for SEO (long-tail keyword) and another which is more appealing on social (short, intriguing, eye-catching). Use the first on your site and the other when promoting.
- Get the technical details right: Edit for grammar, spelling and broken links. Use link shorteners like bitly, and keep your posts short on all platforms (as shorter posts get higher engagement)
- Ensure your post has a hook and a call-to-action: Try a question and “Click for more”
- Encourage comments and REPLY TO THEM
Read the full article here
The tip in #5 is certainly where the new title meta tags are moving, and I personally think it’s better. It is more in the direction of Marketing and Sales and many are heading in this direction. SEO Moz is now Moz and SEO Braintrust is now Marketers Braintrust. Sacramento SEO services are becoming more of an overall Marketing Campaign, but what will this mean for local business owners. It’s actually good news! SEO alone is great but one can not build a business on a one-trick pony sort’a speak. A more well-rounded marketing program delivers bigger and better results.
If you’re not supplementing you SEO with Social Media and PPC there is much you may be leaving on the table in regards to audience reach. For more on the future of seo click here.